Thursday, July 7, 2011

32 Weeks

My Speck is supposed to weigh around 4 1/2 pounds right now, but a friend at church told me she thought he was close to 8 pounds already. I sure hope not!

Since I am 8 months pregnant, I thought I would give a little synopsis of how things are going right now. I just found out that I am anemic and will be taking extra iron now which is a first for me. I also have had my thyroid medicine raised twice during this pregnancy which is also a first for me. I have been on the same dose forever. I am exhausted after lunch for pretty much the rest of the day. My back only hurts in the car or at then end of the day. My belly feels super tight and kind of aches at the end of the day as well. So basically, I am most comfortable in the mornings which has been the case for this whole pregnancy. That sounds like I am all complaints, but really I am not. I love being pregnant. Here's the good news. If I walk twice a week, my varicose veins in my left leg don't hurt nearly as much. This may sound like more bad news, but, trust me, it is amazing news because before I discovered this I was in some serious pain. Speck is quite the mover and shaker. He rolls around and punches me like I am his personal punching bag, and I love it! It does make me worry a bit about his temperament though. :) My complexion is great. I can still wear my wedding ring. And the kids are just so excited to meet their littlest brother! They all have big plans on what they will be doing for him. From helping change diapers to who gets to sit next to him in the car. Speaking of, I bought him a new infant car seat this week because our original one had expired.

I have made some progress on his room. We have bedding and curtains, pictures (not hung yet,) and a home-made sailboat pillow, and a mostly completed home-made mobile. What's left? Well, another home-made pillow, a shelf (Brian's job mostly,) a faux chenille sailboat blanket, a nursing cover, a personalized sailboat clock, and an outfit to come home from the hospital in. Brian also needs to move the lantern lamp from the girls room to Speck's nursery. Plus, I really want to make a red round rug using this tutorial, but I know that won't happen before he is born, since it is super time-consuming. As for other things on my to do list, picking a name and godparents for this little guy are top on my list.

Oh, and I wanted to record my cravings as well. I craved water and didn't drink soda at all for the first trimester. Then that stopped and I wanted only diet Dr. Pepper, caffeine free, which is not easy to find. I also didn't want chocolate for my first trimester, except for chocolate covered pretzels. My love for all things chocolate has since returned. I was disgusted by a salad overloaded by radishes and think I would be happy to never have another radish in all of my life. Other than that I have craved sno-cones and cheese fries the whole pregnancy, really anything cheesy or dairy at all. I also want fresh fruit all the time. I also had a good long craving for celery with blue cheese dressing for dip.

I guess that's it. This may be a boring post for some, but if I don't write it here it will be lost forever. This is how I remember.

No comments: