Saturday, July 30, 2011

A rumbly in my tumbly


We went to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie last week, and we all loved it. I took the kids (sans husband) one of the days when the kitchen was being fixed and we needed somewhere to go to get away from the smell of the glue.

Hannah's favorite part was Pooh eating the honey and swimming in it at the end. She's a big Pooh fan! Genna's favorite part (and this is very telling) was piglet trying to rescue the group in the big hole, and cut the rope into six pieces so everyone could have a rope to get out, but then, of course, the ropes were too short to actually help. Isaac's favorite part was Tigger dressing up like the Backson, which is what I would expect from the dragon and monster loving boy that he is.

The part I identified most with was Pooh's "rumbly in his tumbly" not because I am hungry all the time, but because the way they showed his tummy rumbling reminded me of what my tummy looks like so often with Speck moving all over the place and making my whole tummy shake like Pooh's. If you don't know what I am talking about watch this trailer for the movie for a few seconds and you will see Pooh's tummy dance as it growls. Seriously, this is what it looks like and definitely what it feels like. Part of this is the way he is turned. He is head up and slightly to the side with his feet and arms facing out most of the time (though he does roll around and stick what appears to be his bottom out the other side of my tummy occasionally.) So this means he is still breech or possibly transverse at 35 weeks. We are praying this will change, and technically it is still possible in the next two weeks or so, but I am starting to prepare myself for the possibility of him not turning. I am looking into external version, where the doctor turns the baby to avoid a C-section, but so far am not convinced that the risks outweigh the benefits there. This is really an uncomfortable (for me!) position for him to be in since he is so big. It makes bending over much more costly, and any child who dare lean against my belly will get told in no uncertain terms (by Speck!) that he or she is crowding the little guy. I start my weekly appointments on Monday, so I will be updating more frequently about Speck, his impending entrance into the world, and his new name. I am having tons of contractions, as I did for a month or more with Isaac, but not regular ones, nor are they truly painful yet. Link

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm praying for the little guy to straighten up and "assume the position!" Looking forward to more updates and your BIG DAY!