Friday, July 1, 2011

Love Languages

I want to read The Five Love Languages for Children, but it is not at my library so I am going to look for it on Amazon. That post reminded me that at 5 years old a child's love language is developed. I think I read that in the original book that we read when we were engaged. It also made me realize that I am not 100% sure what the girls' love languages are. If I had to guess, I would say touch for Genevieve and words of affirmation for Hannah. I assume there is a test in the book that I could do for each and find out if I am correct or not.

The reason I would guess touch for Genna is that seems to be what calms her down when she is upset and what she craves. An example of this occurred just the other day. Isaac and Hannah had an argument and since the fault definitely lay with both of them the consequence was to sit and hold hands. Hannah was not happy about this. Isaac seemed indifferent. Genna, who was not involved, jumped up and said, "Can I do it too, Mom?" So I let her. She is always kissing and hugging on her siblings. She will drop whatever she is doing to sit down and hold Isaac if I need her to pinch-hit for me for a moment.

The reason I would guess words of affirmation for Hannah is that is how she seems to give love and what brightens her face the most. Give her a compliment and you will see what I mean. And she is excellent at giving compliments to her family members. Just this morning she was doting on her sister's artwork and saying she was the best artist ever!

No comments: