Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July Crafts


We spent all morning doing crafts I came up with (mostly) on the internet when I woke up this morning. So know that none of these are from my own creative mind, but from other wonderfully more energetic than myself and creative mothers.

Here's the first one which was the best because it kept Isaac busy and I had to do very little and no prep. I am really feeling the heat and my growing belly these days and can seriously get very little accomplished. I sent him looking for blue toys and red toys to put in baskets. Then I showed him how to arrange them in the shape of an American flag.


Then we went outside after I cut out some stencils out of cardboard. Brian was out for the morning so we decorated the driveway for his return with sidewalk chalk. It was pretty hot, but not as bad as it is going to be this evening for fireworks.




And finally just before lunch, Isaac did some 4th of July sticker matching while the girls made necklaces from the $1 kits that I got at Joann's.

Here are their necklaces...


Tune in tomorrow to see our pictures from the rest of the day. I have to get my cake out of the oven and lie down for a bit before the busy bodies are up and running around again.

No comments: