Monday, July 18, 2011

ISAAC spells Isaac!

Isaac has been spelling his name for a long time, but now he can write it too. Really this isn't something I wanted since he has a hard time holding the pencil correctly at this young of an age. With the girls learning to write their names this young created a nightmare for their handwriting teacher (that's me, remember!) once they needed to learn to write correctly. Bad habits are hard to break! I taught him to write the "I" a good while ago, and then he figured out the rest on his own somewhat recently (with the exception of the "S" which is just a hard letter to get right anyway. )


Here he wrote his name (I helped with the "S,") and he drew a picture of me. He has added some more detail this time with the hair. He asked me to draw the clothes. Since I didn't have much to work with in the way of a body with arms, I improvised a little.

No comments: