Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Starworks and Sprinklers

Starworks is what Isaac calls fireworks, and sprinklers is what he calls sparklers. He has a lot more funny words for things than the girls ever did.

We had some trouble getting into the area where the fireworks were to take place since we came from a barbeque at a friend's house. So we went to a nearby neighborhood and happened upon a common lawn area that had room for us. It turned out to be perfect since the traffic would have been horrendous getting out of the official park area and the fireworks only lasted about 10 minutes or so, possibly the shortest fireworks I have ever seen. And many people were shooting fireworks in their backyard so we got a pre-show and a finale bonus.

It was sprinkling when we left the house and luckily stopped for the fireworks. It didn't start really raining until after we were safe inside our house.

Isaac fell asleep while we were driving and that is why we threw him into the stroller so he didn't have to walk while waking up. He picked the wrong day not to fall asleep at nap time. He really enjoyed his first fireworks ever!

When we got home Brian busted out his endless supply of sparklers.



Usually I go inside for this activity since fire makes me nervous even when it isn't put into the hands of my children. Brian prefers me not to be there because he doesn't want my fears to rub off on the kids. So I was trying to be good. Isaac just had it so close to his face it was killing me. That's why I told him to straighten his arm. :) After all, I am just a mom. All moms worry about their kids safety. It's in the job description, isn't it?

No comments: