Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Don't grow up!

Isaac's 3rd birthday is fast approaching. He wanted a dragon party, then he wanted an airplane party. Then dragon, then back to airplane, and it went on and on. Finally, I took him to the party store last week while the girls were at art camp, and we looked at the pinatas. He was back to dragon that day, and therefore I found a cool Chinese dragon pinata. Well, what do you think was hanging next to it? An airplane pinata, of course! So he went back to airplane again. This time I made him promise me he wouldn't change his mind if I bought the pinata. He promised and, we bought airplane party stuff. This actually makes the cake easier since I am just going to do a rectangle cake with a runway and put an airplane on it ready for take off. Super easy compared to the dragon cake I had found.

So I am always teasing the kids that I don't want them to get any bigger and grow up. They laugh and think it is funny and tell me I can't stop them. (The truth is the teen years scare me to death!) Isaac was just telling me the other day that he was growing up, and when I asked him if he knew the secret to stop him from growing up he said that I had to push on his head everyday. So I have been trying it out. Although I know it won't work, I give his head a little squash push every night just in case. I mean who wants this cute face to change and this sweet voice to get deeper? I look at his adorable round face and that soft skin and just want to kiss him a hundred times a day. Even when he is being naughty, he is cute! It's just wrong for someone to be that irresistibly adorable!

At about 1 am on Monday morning, I wake up to Isaac calling me from his bed. I open his door and he says, "I love you, Mom!" I am half asleep, and so I sit on the foot of his bed and say, "I love you too, Buddy. You know it's still dark, right?" Then he lunges at me and gives me this giant hug. When he lets go, he said, "There! I did it! Good night, Mom." He laid right back down and cuddled up with his crocodile and horse. I tucked him in and went back to bed with a smile on my face. What a sweet boy!

1 comment:

Becca said...

This is the most adorable story. oh my goodness, Isaac your mom's right, you can NOT grow up!