Monday, August 8, 2011

And finally, the name you've all been waiting for...

Andrew William

We will call him Drew. Andrew is a family name from Brian's mom's side. He has a cousin, a great uncle, and a great great uncle named Andrew. Plus, St. Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland, one of my husband's favorite places we have been. Then, of course, there is the meaning of the name..."manly, strong, warrior." Who can argue with that, right? Although, I had my heart set on Jakob (spelling after blessed Jakob Gapp) I like Drew as well and knew in my heart that this was the name that Brian truly wanted for our son. In light of my generosity, I have claimed dibs on naming a potential future daughter with a pre-approved name which we may or may not ever get to use.

William was always going to be the middle name since it is a family name on Brian's dad's side of the family and my mom's side of the family. Brian's father is named William. My grandfather and uncle are both named William. It is Brian's middle name as well. There may be more Williams that I am not aware of in our families. William is also a saint name and its meaning is "helmet, protection, and will, desire."

I embroidered his name on the toothfairy pillow for his room when Brian was still being wishy washy and not wanting me to put the name anywhere. I figured it wasn't permanent and that it might help him to commit. Then I put it on his Facebook. It's not written in stone until it is on the birth certificate, right?

We had Where the Wild Things Are? checked out from the library and so I drew a picture and embroidered it on this white fabric. Then I sewed on a pocket and finished the pillow out.

This is just another decorative embroidered pillow I made for Drew's crib.

And because I left this off the earlier post and I just LOVE it, here is the back of the pillow case that Hannah made for Drew. I am really looking forward to our drawing course this year. She is making leaps and bounds in her drawing.



1 comment:

Rich said...

Andrew William? Hey, I kinda like that.....