Monday, August 15, 2011

Isaac's Airplane Party

I have been trying to make myself not do everything from scratch for the parties. It was easier to do everything myself when I didn't have so many little ones to juggle and, consequently, more birthdays to put. For example, I "cheated" for Genna's party on the icing, buying pre-made and colored icing, and didn't make the invitations. Plus, I had my family's help then since it was in Texas. For Isaac's party I made the icing, but bought the invitations and the dips. Plus, my top shelf husband grilled the hot dogs and sausages, took the balloons to get Helium, and was in charge of the pinata festivities.

Menu
As I mentioned before, Brian grilled hot dogs and sausages for our Sunday lunch time party. I bought salsa and queso dip with chips. The ever popular cheese balls ended up being cheese puffs instead because Walmart failed me and was out of the giant cheese ball bucket that I usually get for parties. I made broccoli salad, a cheese and olive tray, and a small vegetable tray. I also cut up watermelon. Isaac only really has three friends of his own approximate age, so the party was a small scale get together with those three friends and their families.


Cake
I made Isaac this fighter jet cake for his airplane themed party. Here are a few cakes that gave me the idea for this cake. This poster of fighter jets also contributed to my inspiration for his cake. Brian helped by getting the jets lined up correctly.



Decorations




Gifts



One of the dad's made this super cool James Bond-like gun with a detachable silencer and a carrying case. He's going to love this!

Lots of sweet Thank you's!


Games
I had a couple ready if we needed them. Just some old birthday games we learned in Germany, but the kids were playing happily enough that I didn't pull them out. But, of course, there was the finale of the party....the airplane pinata!




The best part...FRIENDS!


It was supposed to rain all day, but we were blessed with sunshine! Thank you, God!

No comments: