Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mooseum Field Trip


We went to the Mooseum today with the homeschooling group. It would have been more fun for me if I wasn't "about to pop" (as so many people so delicately put it on a daily basis.) I am assuming there were some people that worked there that didn't notice I was "about to pop," because I was asked specifically to milk the cow on this tiny little stool at one station and to sit on the floor at the butter making station. So I milked the pretend cow (Sorry, no pictures of that!), but I found a chair for the butter making. Getting all the way on the floor is something I try to minimize at this point, especially in public.

They made cool cow visors,

milked a fake cow,


watched a video about dairy farms, made butter,

and took a tour of the old dairy farm. Isaac kept raising his hand to ask if he could milk the cow again. I guess he liked that the best. While he was milking the cow, the man told him if he treated a real cow's teats that way he would get kicked. Isaac just turned to him and said, "But this is not a real cow."

Genna also enjoyed milking the cow, but Hannah wouldn't even try it. She was afraid she would get wet.

No comments: