Friday, August 12, 2011

Rockin'


Aunt Kristen got Isaac this cool basketball goal, and the kids all love it. Hannah was coaching our neighbor on her shot. Isaac was rocking the court all by himself. And if you look in this next picture, you'll see Genna rockin' out in her own unique fashion with a summer dress and boots. She is quite the character with a very different idea of what goes well together. Somehow, she pulls it off.


I have a couple funny stories about the younger two. Hannah is getting so mature that the funny stories involving her are getting fewer and further between. (Sigh.) Anyway, this morning Genna came over to get her hair done after unloading the plastics from the dishwasher. Hannah and I had already unloaded our parts. Genna tells Hannah that she forgot a spoon. Hannah goes over and picks up the spoon, and says "Genna, this is wet. This is your dirty spoon that you just loaded, isn't it?" Genna replied with an "Oops" and covered her mouth. One might think that Genna played a trick on Hannah here, but, oh no, she genuinely loaded her breakfast dishes and then forgot instantaneously what she had done. This is the kind of thing that keeps us in stitches around this house.

Last night, Isaac and I were having story time in his bed which is unusual since we usually have story time all together in my room on the big bed so there is room for everyone (well, sort of.) The girls were down having some daddy time watching a preseason game. I digress...again. So, in the middle of the book, I realized something was poking me in the back. I reach back and pull out Big Bird. "Ouch, Big Bird was poking me," I told Isaac. He twists his face up, wrinkles his brow, as he so often does when being serious, and says, "Mom, I think we are calling him Drew now." I said, "No, Big Bird was poking me in the back, not Drew." His face then contorts even more confusion filling his expressive face and asks, "There's two babies in there?" I wanted to say, "Yes, you're going to have two little brothers, Drew and Big Bird!" But I didn't. I explained more clearly and with props this time that his stuffed animal was the one poking me in the back. I find it funny that the only one he can imagine poking me is the baby since this little guy is such a kicker that I frequently let a little "ouch" out when he catches me off guard with a good kick. And who names their baby Big Bird, anyway?

1 comment:

funny posts said...

This story is so interesting,the children in that blog are looking so cute,thanks for giving nice fun.