Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ready for the new school year?





We started school on the 15th of August this year. I probably should have started sooner, but there is a little too much fun going on around here to miss out on.

The room has been gutted and reorganized with some new wall posters, like the world map from National Geographic and our ancient time line.


For Science, I am going to be using this butcher paper to organize our study of the animal kingdom.

Hannah's, mine, and Genna's desks


I made binders like this one for the girls to keep their work organized.



Since Isaac will have minimal written work, his work will be kept in a drawer for the time being. Speaking of Isaac, I am going to try these activity bins on the shelves. For the first week, he has a number matching game with his felt Thomas set that I made, a beading activity, a coloring worksheet, a rice bin (I guarantee this will be the first picked,) blocks and a truck to make bridges, roads, and tunnels. I also have Look and Find books, a puzzle, and a tray of alphabet magnets for extra activities just in case.


My lesson plans are only written for two weeks out because I wanted to see how things went before writing them too far ahead.


Our homeschool closet...


Our toy/craft closet has mostly baby toys ready for Drew at some point and a bin of crafts for the big kids, mainly the girls, to get into on occasion.

All these pictures (and this post) were from the weekend before school started. Stay tuned for how our transition back into school life went.

No comments: