Monday, September 12, 2011

Drew has his own clock!


Drew's clock was a gift from our neighbor, and it just arrived this weekend. Figures that his wall clock would beat his arrival, like everything else. I wonder if it is my body that is late or my babies. Who to blame!

I am back home after my NST and more membrane stripping. The baby is looking great, heart rate is great, and the fluid level is still perfectly fine. I am another cm dilated, so now I am walking around at nearly 6cms. The contractions have since been stronger, but so far not regular for any significant length of time. So, I am off to take a walk since it is a nice day and see what happens.

The schedule for now is to get another NST on Wednesday morning and to be induced on Thursday so this baby won't go over the full 42 weeks. This is the schedule, but the midwife and doctors all agreed that if I change my mind I can come in at anytime to have my water broken or Pitocin to get my contractions going. This is not what we want, but we are playing by ear right now. If nothing happens by tonight we will reevaluate. It is so hard to make these decisions when everything is a guess. No one seems to know anything for sure and everyone has a different opinion. Please, pray for us to have wisdom and for my baby and myself to be healthy.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh I will pray that he just comes! Say some prayers for us too (for Jan)...I really don't want to be induced with this one, and my doc prob won't let me go past 41weeks this time! Late babies are just no fun!