Sunday, September 4, 2011

Snug as a Drew Bug* (Photo added)


He is just too comfy in there. All this time I have thought the opposite, that this guy who constantly stretches and pushes and fights back when I bend over or when one of the kids sits on my lap was not comfortable at all in this confined space. Who knew he would be just as resistant to coming out as the majority of my children have been?

Well, this morning at Mass one lady's mouth dropped all the way open when she saw me still pregnant. We usually see her at daily Mass, but she wasn't there on Thursday and Friday and so she assumed that I had the baby. Another lady whom I do not even know her name told me she dreamt that I had the baby tonight. Hannah is so anxious for me to have the babe that she started praying for it when we were home. Immediately after she prayed I started having hard contractions about a half hour apart, but still no real labor.

In the afternoon, Genna and I had some alone time together at Target getting her soccer shin guards and a few other things. I took Hannah to the library last Sunday, and Isaac got to spend a whole day with just me this week when the girls were at a friend's house, so it was Genna's turn. She talked nonstop to me and just about everyone else that gave her a second glance. She told several complete strangers all about her family. She also needed some new undergarments and we were lucky enough to find some unicorn ones (her favorite thing ever!) She wanted to get her sister some new Tangled ones, but I vetoed that since she has plenty that fit. Genevieve is so loving and thoughtful, always worrying about Hannah. We had a nice time, and when we got home she put on her shin guards and left them on until after dinner. She also made a point to tell Hannah about how much she wanted to get her the Tangled underwear, but that it wasn't my fault that we couldn't get them either. I corrected that and said it was my fault because she didn't need them. What a sweetie, not wanted to blame me.


That's about all the excitement from today. Although I did leave off a funny story about Isaac on Friday. When he was playing with all the homschoolers outside the church after Mass, an older boy told him he was "too little" for something. Well, this really bothered him and he couldn't seem to let it go. His sisters got all concerned and followed him around the rest of the time. Mother hens! In the car I tried to explain that he shouldn't let that bother him. He had plenty of friends to play with that would not say he was too little. He said, "But Mom, he said that I am little, and I am not! I am big! It makes me sad and mad. He messed up my heart, Mom!" I think he meant "broke my heart," but it was cuter the way he said it. My big sensitive guy is going to have to toughen up a little.

1 comment:

Joe and Amy said...

What parish do you belong to? Do you remember Lindsay Surratt from Ramstein? She's in DC and planning to homeschool. I hope you guys can meet up! Good luck with the labor vibes!
Amy