Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Thinker


Wednesday was a big day for me. Drew was 1 week and 1 day old and it was my first time out with all four kids by myself. (Brian went back to work.) This is about the same time frame as with Hannah and Isaac since we had family the first week when they were born. When Genna was born, my first outing with the two of them alone was to a La Leche meeting when she was just 3 days old. The outing was to the doctor/hospital and was stressful mostly because of the location. It was very crowded and crazy there. I told Brian at dinner that the kids were all great, but I would truly benefit from a sheep herding dog. In the parking lot and getting on and off elevators is a challenge when you are so short handed. Hannah is excellent at staying with me and paying attention, and Genna is pretty good. The only thing about my Genevieve is that she doesn't pay attention and is a bit unpredictable. At any moment she could do a twirl and end up in the street instead of safely beside me. Isaac is typically good about staying with me, but has the impulsivity of a 3 year old in addition to his lack of experience. He has been in a stroller or holding my hand up until now. If I am pushing the stroller with Drew, he has to learn, like the girls did, to hold onto the stroller. He did pretty well, but that sheep dog would really come in handy.

Today we attempted some schooling. By no means the quantity we were doing pre-Drew days, I was just shooting for an hour of Handwriting, Spelling, and Math. Instead we did about two hours consisting of those subjects and added in a begged-for history reading while I was nursing the baby. Went well, but Drew has been sleeping a lot more and been significantly less fussy the last few days.

Here are some pictures from Saturday.

Football season...

No comments: